Time to sign up for a unique experince on Mawlana Rumi, wisdom and the music of the soul July 20-25, 2015
In southern spain in a highly motivating environment, students can join in a full out week-long program through http://www.alqaria.org/?p=3087
- Introduction: Mawlānā, his times, works and legacy; poetry; Islam and Sufism.
- The Inside Story: Reality, the nature, purpose and meaning of human existence.
- Learning Wisdom: observing, reflecting and learning from this world.
- Wayfarers’ Provisions; Remembrance, Uprightness, Fear, Hope, Knowledge.
- The Stages of the Path: from Repentance to Transcendence
- Film screening on Sufism (focused on Mawlana Rumi)
- Reading from Fihi Ma Fihi.
- Showing of photographs of authentic Mevlevi semas
- Discussion about sema and meanings of clothes worn, music and movements
April 25th 2015 Mawlana Rumi his poetry, philosophy and life
English Creative Writing Workshops
Novel and fiction, business writing, journalism and blogging, poetry.
Venues: Jeddah and Dhahran
Date: January 2014 Open to youth and adults
Special student rates (ages 15-22) will be applied
Professionals of all ages also accepted
First step to assess level, numbers and interest- through less than 1 minute form below- please check email within 24-48 hours after submitting to receive further data with relevant details. This is initial registration.
NOTE Language of discussion at workshop – English mostly, but work can be in both English and Arabic
Diversity of culture and age enriches discussions and exercises.
Registration fees submission – deadline will be four-five days prior to start of announced date on finalizing participants’ numbers and chosen genres. Required sample of writing in form will be assessed for acceptance.